10 June 2008

a greener h&m?

One of my favorite shops (before I boycott big chain stores) was H&M. Back in 2000 when I heard Hennes & Mauritz were making their US debut, I wrote to the company to find out the exact date. I remembered how great it was -- while spending the semester in London, a typical student, with holes in my pockets and moths sprouting from my wallet -- to discover clothes both adorable and affordable.

But then about a year ago my consumer conscience woke up.

So after reading the headline that H&M were to introduce more organic cotton into their clothing, I got a bit excited. Until I read the rest of the story. Check out the full story about H&M's enviro-responsibility, artfully broken down here. Looks like I'll have to hold off my return for a later date.

No comments: