09 July 2008

what's going down your shower drain?

Petrochemicals, parabens, chemical surfactants, these are just a few of the things that are washed out of our hair and down the drain when we use conventional shampoo. Most of us don't think twice about it, bye-bye chemicals! I can't see you!

I started thinking more about these things a few years ago. What am I washing down the drain? Where is it going? Well it's not really going away. These toxins end up in our waterways and cycle back to us in our tap water.

Not to mention the direct effects of some of these ingredients when you're actually using them on a daily basis.

In light of all this, I'm so happy to have found Max Green Alchemy. They make hair care and other beauty products with good stuff in them -- no petrochemicals, no sodium laureth/laurel sulfate (skin irritants), and no parabens. I swear by Max's shampoo and conditioner. I won't use anything else. They have a nice herbal scent and leave my hair shiny and bouncy. I introduced Max to a friend of mine who does beauty product advertising, and her industry colleagues immediately took notice of her lovely locks. So Max isn't just eco-conscious, he makes you feel beautiful, too.

No comments: