10 April 2009

green apple cleaners, in my 'hood!

As I walked, still half asleep, to my subway stop this morning, I noticed a bright green smart fortwo covered in advertisements for Green Apple Cleaners (the non-toxic, CO2 based dry cleaners) parked just by the entrance to the station. Oh, look at that, they're advertising in Brooklyn, I thought.


This shot's is as blurry as my vision was.

I had heard from David Kistner, CEO of Green Apple Cleaners, last year that there would be a Brooklyn store opening this year. For some reason, I imagined it in Brooklyn Heights or Carroll Gardens. But much to my delight, it's right next door in North Park Slope. Hurray!

It's the little things that get me excited. Now I can take all of those delicates, sweaters, and dress shirts out of the "handwash" pile that's been accumulating for months -- I'd been handwashing with The Laundress in lieu of the nasty chem bath of traditional dry cleaners -- and walk on over to the new Green Apple. Oh, happy day!





The new Brooklyn location of Green Apple Cleaners is located at:

78 7th Ave (nr Berkeley)
Park Slope BKLYN



View Larger Map

2 comments:

Shady said...

YAY!!!!

Liz said...

I know, right? And they do pick up and delivery, too. Yipppeeee!!!