09 April 2009

lovefast and bikram


Now I understand why some people who do Bikram yoga are into raw food. I hadn't been to Bikram in over a week and was curious as to how I would feel being on this detoxifying diet. Before I even got all hot and sweaty, I could see the glow on my face (in Bikram yoga, everyone faces a mirror -- it takes getting used to). I was able to participate in the class at the same level I usually do, but something felt different. Some asanas just seemed a little easier -- mainly camel (Ustrasana, pictured above), seated forward bend (Paschimottanasana), and seated spinal twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana). I guess everything was a little freer to move inside of me, there was little obstruction, so to speak.

I didn't feel weak, I didn't feel hungry. Those were my original fears. Guess there was nothing to worry about.

Related posts

No comments: