09 April 2009

i think my cable's out by i don't care, except...


Last night I got home and there was a big fat goose egg on the display of the cable box. Didn't bother me any 'cause I haven't turned the TV on since my boyfriend's been in LA all week. Until now. I just read that there's a PBS special on Appalachia tonight. What's so special about that?

Well, for one: The Appalachians are the nation's oldest and the world's most biologically diverse mountains. Really? Go on!

The Appalachians are at risk for more mountaintop removal coal mining if the hungry coal machines aren't stopped. Find out more about this topic at iLoveMountains.org

Too bad I won't be able to watch the series, but I can read about it on the website.

Appalachia: A History of Mountains and People
Airs tonight @10pm on PBS
Check your local listings!


Thanks to Rob Perks on the NRDC Switchboard for the tip off.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Thanks, Paul!